Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day Ten - UNDER THE WEATHER

Monday September 15, 2008

Frog woke up cranky today and didn't want to eat. After Diva was dropped off at school, Frog headed back to his bed and crawled under his blanket. I asked him if he felt sick - he clapped twice. I asked him if something hurt - nothing. I asked him if his head hurt - nothing. I asked him if he did not sleep well - he clapped twice. I went downstairs and called the Clinic to cancel his speech therapy appointment. Frog came downstairs a little later. He looked much better, but was hot and cold all day long.

We had carpet cleaners coming in the afternoon. So after we played a little in the front yard, and watered our plants, I let Frog have his free time while I cleaned, moved furniture, and vacuumed. At one point I found Frog had removed his clothes and climbed up on the playhouse roof. He was sitting in the sunshine watching the neighbor run his tractor over the fresh topsoil they'd put down for a new lawn.

We made PBJ sandwiches for lunch - Frog only wanted to eat the J part. Then the carpet cleaners came and Frog and I headed to the backyard to play and stay out of their way.



He also swam in the pool and played in the sandbox. After all the activity he was pooped. He had a major melt-down, then took himself back to bed. He was up at 6pm for dinner and wandered around the house - sometimes loud and sometimes quiet - for the rest of the evening. We put him back to bed around 9pm. He was awake for a substantial part of the night - dancing by the light of the moon

1 comment:

Christine said...

I'm so impressed that Frog will "take himself to bed." Got any tricks you can teach me for how to get my guy to do that?

But I DO hope he is feeling better and that you get a good night of sleep tonight.