Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day Eleven - STILL A LITTLE OFF

Tuesday September 16th, 2008

Frog was still having a hard time this morning. Things did improve over the course of the day. The dose of Tylenol didn't hurt either.

Frog did a lot of requesting today - mostly by getting me and taking me to what he wanted: his swing, more cereal, the door to the front yard, and the door to the bathroom (for a bath). We read our Applesauce story again and sang the song. Frog was in the bath at the time, but he listened to it all, then when I told him I did not remember the last verse of the song, he clapped then got out of the bath.

We used rapid prompting to pick-out something for lunch. He choose "sandwich" from a field of three. Later he came walking into the kitchen from the living room. He went to the garage door and stopped. I asked him if he wanted to go somewhere and he did nothing - just stood there. A couple seconds later I heard the garage door open. Then the front alarm bell went off. I unlocked the bolt on the door to the garage. Frog's Dad opened the door. As the door opened Frog said "Dad."

In the afternoon, Frog seemed sleepy again. I asked him if he was ready to go for a ride. He did nothing. I asked if he was going to take a nap, he clapped twice. He got up and got his blanket, but he never went to his room and he did not take a nap.

When Diva got home, he went swimming for an hour or so. When he got out of the pool he was starving - he ate watermelon, peas, crackers, cheese, turkey, and chips. He continued to act tired and went to bed around 6:30. He woke up at 12am and has been singing and jumping in his room for 45 minutes or so.

I think he is feeling under the weather because he has a tooth coming in and he is dealing with the effects of the full moon - which means he does not get much sleep at night. I'm hoping we are back on track in a day or two.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad!!
Great talking!! So many parents tell their kids to shut up, I hear it often when I am out. When a child with a communication disorder speaks it is AMAZING, almost like we have been given the great gift of appreciation!! I can't see me ever telling my son to "shut up"!! Well, maybe at 5 in the morning when he is screeching...:-)JOKE
Do you mean that the light of the moon keeps him awake?
Hope frog feels better soon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frogs' mom said...

Hi rainbowmummy,

Yes, we are thrilled with any words we get from Frog - although we've learned to temper ourselves as hopes have been dashed in the past. Diva, on the other hand, never, ever stops talking. Well I guess she is quiet at school and in public, but at home it is a total stream of conscience. I have been known to beg her to stop talking at least a dozen times a day.

Frog is agitated around the time just before until shortly after the full moon. I think the light does play a part at night, but we see the same issues even if it is cloudy and therefore dark outside. He's just a sensitive little guy :0)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I was thinking you were mad lol then I remembered a time I said to partner about the full moon making my son HYPER. Strange, or perhaps we are just both mad!!!