Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day Twenty Six - HERE WE GO

Today was our fist day of the new medication. I dissolved the contents of the capsule into 4 oz of water and gave Frog one ounce to drink. He had no problem drinking the medicine. He did act very sleepy most of the morning, but I had a hard time telling if that was due to the medication or lack of sleep the night before. He also did not want to keep his pants on - but that is not entirely unusual.

We read our book while Frog played in the bath-tub. We are reading the Moon books this week and hoping to get outside for a twilight walk to look at the moonrise. Frog listened to the books and kept requesting more. We read Hello Harvest Moon, I Took the Moon for a Walk, and Twilight Comes Twice. Then we listened to some music while Frog continued to play in the water and I did some movement work within his view - mostly tai-chi and ballet moves that emphasised mid line crossing. He did become very agitated while listing to Bach's Brandenburg Concerto number 2. He calmed down when I changed to a Haydn piece. I wonder if the Brandenburg was a little too busy.

We had some lunch, then worked on our letters. Today I choose "O" for orange and "M" for moon. Frog would not work at the table, so we moved around the house. He was able to choose the orange item from a field of 2 to 4 for our orange collage. He also made some nice "M" in his composition book.



He was really not happy about finding the letters on his Vantage. But he did manage to make a nice pointed finger all by himself.



Our afternoon adventure was a trip to the pumpkin patch (they opened it after all) to look for orange pumpkins. Frog liked walking the grounds with mom. He enjoyed looking at the chickens, until the looked at him and started coming closer looking for food.



Frog also liked running in the pumpkin patch. Mostly he wanted to play with the dirt. When I started asking him to find a pumpkin, he got really annoyed with me and the crying and carrying on started. I picked out one pumpkin and we went to pay for it. Frog was still struggling to keep it together, and the added voices of strangers was more than he could take. We had a bit of a wrestling match in the grass (where Frog wanted to sit and pull grass to drop in front of his eyes). Eventually we made it back to the car and enjoyed the ride home in the wind and the rain listening the his Pam Marshalla phoneme CD.



Frog and I spent a little time outside exploring the back yard on a cool wet rainy day.





When it was time to come in, Frog took off his wet shoes and socks and decided to curl up in a blanket and take a nap. Dad carried him to bed and he slept until just after 5pm. He was up and down for the rest of the night.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hopefully tonight you'll be able to get out to see the moonrise - it was beautiful here today. I love the pumpkin patch pictures, the chickens are so cute!

It will be interesting to see how the medication goes, whether he was sleepy from it or not sleeping at night. I'll be reading to find out!

CC said...

Sounds like a very eventful day. I love the letter/objects/pictures you are doing. I'm going to show it to my husband.

Love your list of words on the side. I used to do that for one of my students. Whenever myself or the staff heard a new word we'd write it on the board. He started K with one or two. Within the next two years we couldn't keep track of them all. Hope Frog does this too!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your day!

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

something for you at my place!