Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 33 -

As some of you may have read at 4-Frogs, financial circumstances are requiring that I go back to full time work. To accomplish this Frog's School will become a night and weekend school starting in January. Frog's Grandma has been watching Frog in the mornings this week to give me some time to reorganize and make plans. This has been very nice for me, but very hard on home school as Frog is at his best in the mornings and early afternoon and our routine requires 4 to 6 hours so I am not trying to cram everything in at once and overwhelming him. Between the change in our routine, the splitting of my focus and the medication trial - Frog's School has really suffered the last two weeks.

Tomorrow Frog is staying home in the morning and we will see what we can do. I'm tempted to keep him at the present medication level for another week to see what happens for a week when he is better adjusted to the dosage.

We did manage to get one project done today - a face project that I had done with Diva when she was three or four years old. I set the pieces out and had Frog, with help, place the face parts where he wanted them to go. Then I glued them down for him. I made one first for a model.

This is the pumpkin face Frog made:




The similar pumpkin face is the one I made. The smaller pumpkin face is the one Diva and I made years ago. The extra pumpkins are for Diva to put faces on later - she always feels left out when she sees what Frog got to do at school!

8 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Oh, that looks like it's going to be great 'round your Thanksgiving table!

I'm sorry to read about your financial troubles. That has to be hard for everyone, but I know from personal experience how hard it is for kids to deal with changes in routine.

Bonnie sayers said...

Frog is very talented. Yes I agree about best working in AM. Last year when Matt had floortime in the home we had it in AM when he was on school breaks and she noted a big difference from when he got home from school.

It was nice to read your comment about the ICDL conference. I enjoyed it too, but did not have enough time to really prepare for the test and did it at the last minute. The system stayed up so I was able to and hoped to pass but did not.

Did you get a certificate for the test and pass? Are you a member of Floortime Repository?

Anonymous said...

Good luck to all of you with all the changes going on over your way! I love Frog's pumpkin face! It's adorable and he did a great job!!

Frogs' mom said...

Hi Mrs. C,

The pumpkins have magnetic backs - which is why I still have the one Diva and I made so long ago. Frog didn't think too much of the activity at the time, but he likes to check out the finished product.

Hi Bonnie,

I did finish the test and get their certificate. It wasn't an easy test, I had to review the video repeatedly then finish up with some educated guesses. I managed to work on it while I was away from home - which helped (peace and quiet)!

Hi Julie,

I love this pumpkin craft too - very simple with neat results! Thanks for the good wishes :0)

Amy said...

Emma loves the happy pumpkin faces! Your creativity astounds me - as I am without a creative bone in my body.

Frogs' mom said...

Hi Amy,

I find that hard to believe!

These are among the easiest, quickest crafts I have. Felt, tacky glue, googly eyes, Avery magnetic sheets (avery #3270), a brown marker and ribbon or raffia if you want to add the bows.

I glued a sheet of orange felt to one magnetic sheet, cut it into fourths, and cut out 4 pumpkins (just freehand). I cut out scraps for the stems, leaves, noses and mouths. Then I put the face pieces next to the pumpkin and had Frog "assemble" the face. A little tacky glue to hold everything together and we were done within 15 minutes.

Sue said...

Those are so cute! I may have to borrow that idea. Something with nice results, but quick to do is so nice. I have to capture that ever wandering attention, but I can't keep it for long!

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Praying that all goes more smoothly than you imagined!

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

I hope that frog will be ok with this change in routine.

I know about money troubles myself, it can mean a lot of unnecessary stress.

My house causes me a lot of depression.

Stay strong, perhaps this is happening for a reason, you never know :0)